Loading...

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thoughts on Jamie Dixon's Extension

By Chris Dokish

I've had a few people email me already, talking about how Pitt will be paying Jamie Dixon between 2.2 and 2.3 million dollars, and asking me if I am amazed that Pitt paid that much. I think people are misunderstanding when Dixon is getting that money. It's unheard of that Dixon would get a raise from 1.6 million to 2.3 million in one shot. That money, if that report is accurate, is what Dixon will get in the extended years, which will be seven or eight years down the road. By that time, if Dixon is still here, he will be due much more than that since by then that would not be a lot of money. In other words, the salary numbers are not nearly as exorbitant as it sounds. But there is good news, and that's for at least the tenth time now, Dixon has told another school that he was not interested in leaving Pitt, and Oregon was at least the third school that I know of that would have offered Dixon more than he gets at Pitt. He may have talked to Oregon, in fact I could almost guarantee it, but he would be crazy not to. A coach would be foolish not to listen because you never know when some really stupid money gets thrown at you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home